MINNESOTA TEACHING LICENSE RENEWAL
You could be a teacher renewing your license for the first time, or your could be an experienced teacher frustrated with the renewal process. All teachers are always confused about what they need to do to make sure their license is in good standing. Here is an attempt to explain it to you in simple terms!
Important Info* All licenses expire on June 30 of the year of expiration.
* Provide verification that you met the renewal requirements stated on the expiring license.
* Submit application after clock hours are recorded by the local continuing education committee.
* Applications are submitted through MN Department of Education online licensing system.
More info: Click Here
MINNESOTA TEACHER LICENSURE EXAMINATIONS (MTLE)The MTLE is the current method of assessing the basic skills, pedagogical and content-area knowledge of Minnesota K-12 teacher candidates.
You have 1-year licenseAny requirements regarding testing will appear as a renewal condition on your license. The required tests must be taken prior to the renewal of your license.
Test Info, guides, etc.
Send Score ReportsTo: email@example.com.
Subject: "name" and "file folder number"
FIVE-YEAR LICENSES RENEWAL REQUIREMENTYou need to complete of 125 hours of professional development, that have been approved through your local school district’s continuing education committee.
Need to show evidence of the six areas shown below:1) Positive Behavioral Intervention Strategies
2) Accommodation, Modification and Adaptation of Curriculum, Materials and Instruction – Note: Typically, clock hour opportunities that relate to differentiated instruction will satisfy this requirement.
3) Key Warning Signs for Early-Onset Mental Illness in Children and Adolescents.
4) Reading Preparation.
6) English Learners.
Reflective Statement of Professional Accomplishment and Assessment of Professional Growth
NOTE: There is no minimum or maximum length for the reflective statement
* Teachers should work through their local continuing education committee for guidance about what is expected.
* Online professional development opportunities may be used to meet the requirements
Manage your Certificates with Ermarie!
* Licensing Requirement are subject to change after this post is published, please confirm the requirements with local school district’s continuing education committee.